Though making firewood is something many of us take a lot of pride in, not many want to make the task unnecessarily hard. Hoyla Tools Kindling Splitter is a safer alternative to the traditional axe, and the splitter stays in working order with minimal maintenance.
Well, there it is. A cold fireplace and a towering pile of wood to be chopped. A memory buried deep inside raises its head, reminding you of the last time you chopped wood in the pouring rain, and your back starts to protest. However, there’s no running away from responsibility anymore, as the fireplace needs kindling. Seriously, isn’t there a better way to do this?
Glad you asked! Even though making firewood is something many of us take a lot of pride in, not many want to make the task unnecessarily hard. So let us introduce you to the Hoyla Tools Kindling Splitter.
The Kindling Splitter is the solution when you want to make firewood safely and quickly without having to use an axe. Another log, a hammer, or a mallet can be used to help with splitting, so there’s no need for sharp objects and trips to the ER anymore.
Despite its safety and ease of use, it’s always best to be well prepared when making kindling, even when using the Kindling Splitter.
How to split wood using the Kindling Splitter:
- Plan the job in advance – make sure there’s sufficient working space around you, and that you’re wearing protective clothing.
- Place the Kindling Splitter on an appropriate working platform and a suitable height, such as a log or wall. Use bolts to help secure the splitter in place.
- Place the log in the middle of the blade and take a firm position. Use a blunt object, such as another log or a mallet, to help with splitting. It’s safest to chop logs along the grain of the wood.
- Stack the freshly made kindling in a Firewood Rack to dry and wait for use.
- Enjoy the extra free time the Kindling Splitter so kindly gives you.
Gosh, it’s so beautiful to watch.
In addition to the Kindling Splitter, Hoyla Tools offers a compact Kindling Axe that can also help you split wood effectively and safely. Learn more about our Kindling Axe here.
Now let’s get splitting!