Well, this seems familiar – you’re done loading the car for your upcoming trip when you suddenly realise there’s no more room for the passengers. Luckily, a rooftop cargo box provides precious extra space to the passenger compartment, and installing it has been made easy with the help of Hoyla Tools Car Door Step.
When going away for a trip, it’s easy to forget that in addition to all the luggage, it might be a good idea to fit in the passengers, as well. What makes it challenging is that usually at this point the car is already fully loaded with various bags and a few coolers, and fitting your friends and family in between is similar to a game of Tetris.
But not all hope is lost! A rooftop cargo box is your knight in shining armour, allowing you to store all those space-consuming equipment and other items to the roof of your car, so they won’t cause a riot in the passenger compartment. However, you should be careful when installing the cargo box so that no unpleasant surprises occur while you’re driving – as in, you look in the rear view mirror and find the box rolling down the highway. Hoyla Tools Car Door Step, available as a one or two feet model, will help you. Here’s how.
- When choosing a cargo box, keep in mind the size and amount of gear you want to carry, as well as whether or not you require the box to be weatherproof.
- Check the maximum amount of cargo your vehicle can carry. Keep in mind that the cargo box itself might weigh more than 20 kg (44 lbs).
- Strapping down the box differs slightly depending which carrier type you choose, but they’re all pretty simple. Make sure to install your box on the roof before loading cargo into it.
- Use Hoyla Tools car door step to help you reach the roof of your vehicle, making sure you’ll be able to secure the box properly. The door step is available as a one or two foot model.
- Check regularly that the cargo box is tightly secured to the roof track, as the motion of the moving car might slowly loosen up the strappings.
- Take your time. Read the instructions. You don’t want to half-ass this, as the consequences of a loose cargo box on the highway might be quite dire.
All set? Great! Now let’s get ready for that trip – after all, traveling is a lot more fun with your friends and family.